Newest Update and Reflections HERE
Friday, March 29, 2013
We've already had a great response from our recent newsletter. Thank you to everyone who has contacted us, donated, or told us that they're praying for us! We truly appreciate it. If you didn't get an email from us, let us know so we can keep you updated.
This weekend we bought most of our supplies to fix up the house, but we have to store it inside until our first "workday." Some guys at church will be helping us repair our fence, replace woodwork on the house, paint, do some landscaping, etc. Today we're having a new heating unit put in. We're also selling some furniture and sorting through what things we need to keep or get rid of. So needless to say, our house is a wreck!
In the midst of it all, we have to find time to play with the kids and do normal things.
And especially since it's Easter weekend, we remember the tremendous sacrifice of our Savior. Nothing can compare to His love. In spite of the craziness around us, we fix our eyes on Jesus and thank Him that we have eternal life, hope, & joy!
Monday, March 18, 2013
Sunday, September 2, 2012
This is the outreach report from our missions trip to Clermont-Ferrand, France. The pictures and quotes are from our team- including us! You may have to click on the image of the page to see it more clearly.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
It's very surreal to announce that we'll be leaving for France one week from today! God has been so good to us. We have raised $10,000 in a few short months, gotten our passports, booked our flights, hotels, and trains. So many people contributed to this miracle, and we are grateful beyond words!
We'll have three days in Paris and the rest of the time we will be in Clermont-Ferrand. The last few weeks we've been reading travel books, devotionals, studying French and trying to keep it all in perspective. We don't just want this to be a great vacation, or to get lost in a whirlwind of events. We desperately want God to move in our hearts- in us, our kids, and in the people of France.
Please pray for us over the next few weeks- for protection, for all the details to come together, and especially that God would do an amazing work in and through us (and in spite of us!). We are so excited to watch this journey unfold before us, and we can't wait to see what God has in store!
On top of the Eiffel Tower in 1996, my first trip to France
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
We wanted to let everyone know where we stand right now:
1. We have 87% of our budget so far. This leaves us $1290 left to raise in 2 weeks!
2. We leave in a little over 2 weeks! (July 18th)
3. We are really excited!
It seems like all we can do and think about right now is this trip to France. We have been in communication with our team there and with the family we will be staying with. We even have a list of worship songs in French to practice! For some more details, visit our website: www.liveconnectgrow.com.
This past week has been a real roller coaster ride. We have both felt very heavy at times and random problems seem to arise- like one of the windows on our truck shattering, our dryer going out, and the couple who hosted our party on Saturday was in a serious car accident on Friday.
Yet despite all of these efforts to distract and defeat us, we can feel our faith and our intimacy with God growing. I love seeing the amazement in our kids' eyes as they hear about God's miraculous provision day by day. They pray with such simple faith and sincerity for courage to share the Gospel with the children in France. And their child-like faith is a great reminder to us that our heavenly Father has not brought us this far to leave us undone.
Please continue to pray for us as we prepare to embark on this adventure that He has laid out before us. We ask you to specifically pray for:
* Our hearts and minds to be prepared to minister, and for the people we will be ministering to
* Unity with our entire team (we'll meet for the first time in Clermont-Ferrand)
* ALL of the logistical details to come together- hotels, trains, misc. things that we will probably forget :)
*Opportunities for our kids to see how God wants to use them in a real way
* The rest of the financial support that we need for the trip to come in
For those of you that have given, thank you!!! For those of you that still want to give, now is the time to be part of our miracle! As God keeps reminding me, "Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it" (Heb. 11:1). Thank you for partnering with us in prayer and support!
Ted, Michelle, Emily, Daniel, Timothy & Judah
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
With less than one month before we leave for France, there is so much going on!
1) We have raised 45% of our total budget!
2) We have a (semi) active website that you should totally check out if you haven't already! You can see our upcoming House Show dates, videos from the kids about our trip, and weekly postings about our progress: www.liveconnectgrow.com
3) I've been busy creating some art pieces and jewelry to sell. I'll post them on my Etsy site as soon as they're ready. All proceeds from my Etsy shop will go towards our missions trip, so check it out!
4) We now have two ways to make a donation- through the Paypal button on this site, or for a tax-deductible donation, send checks to: Emmaus Church 316 South Goliad #207 Rockwall, TX 75087.
Now, enjoy our sweet Daniel's video: